The Architectural Control Committee (ACC) continues to observe the health crisis of COVID-19
AT THIS TIME THE ACC IS NOT ACCEPTING EXPEDITED APPLICATIONS.
Submit a copy of application and deposit to DAMC at their offices at 14603 Huebner Road, Building 40 in San Antonio, TX
Thank you for your patience and stay safe.
Please submit all applications for ACC review to the following address:
Mountain Springs Ranch ACC
c/o Diamond Association Management & Consulting
14603 Huebner Rd, Bldg. 40
San Antonio, TX 78230
Applications must be signed and accompanied by applicable review fees and builder’s deposit. Plans may be delivered in person to the above address during business hours.
The ACC meets on the first Wednesday of each month.
Complete Applications must be submitted the Wednesday before the meeting. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed until the next month's meeting.
At this time the ACC is not accepting expedited applications.
Please be sure to complete the email address section on your forms and we will notify you electronically - saving us tons of time and effort, and speeding the process for you by several days!
Plans for pools, fences, dog runs, kennels, gazebos, arbors, trellises, ponds, basketball hoops, sports courts, and other structures or improvements must be reviewed and approved in writing by the Architectural Control Committee before construction begins.
Applicants are reminded that their applications must be complete in order to be approved. Most missed items are color samples, driveway finish, chimney material, and location of buried propane tank.
A frequently missed item is Masonry Requirements:
- Masonry materials are natural quarried stone, quarried rock and stucco. Manufactured stone will be treated as non-masonry material. Hardi Plank or other cement board products are classified as non-masonry. Brick may be used only for accents (i.e., window trims, sills, columns, etc.).
- Front and side exterior walls must be constructed ONLY with masonry materials.
- In Units 1, 2, and 3 only the REAR walls may have non-masonry not to exceed 25% of the non-windowed exterior surface of the rear walls.
- The Hills, The Estates, The Ridge and The Vistas require 100% masonry.
MSR Dark Sky Compliance Requirement
Fixtures for New Builds must be included with plan submission
All exterior lighting must be approved by the ACC prior to installation and is subject to final inspection
- Light must not escape sides or top of fixtures. Bulbs must not be seen through or below fixtures
- Bulbs nust not be bright white or blue LED. All bulbs below 3000K
- No motion sensors or timers. All exterior lighting on switches.
- ALL LIGHTING MUST POINT STRAIGHT DOWN'
- Spotlights must point down, not out, and the bulbs must not extend below the outside of the fixture. Spotlights may be limited by the ACC.
- Glass sided fixtures do not meet MSR dark sky requirements because they allow light to escape from the sides of the fixture.
Landscaping plans are to be submitted for review by the Architectural Control Committee at least thirty (30) days prior to home completion. Landscaping installation must be completed within ninety (90) days after the completion of home construction. Landscaping must be a well-designed balance of mature trees, shrubs, and lawn grass around the perimeter of each new home. Plants must screen most of exposed foundations.
If you have questions, please contact the Architectural Review Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Architectural Control Committee (ACC) appreciates property owners who have submitted plans for new construction and the required request forms and plans for property improvements. Thank you.